EDUCATIONAL TOURS & CAMPS
Increasing environmental awareness, stewardship, and collective action amongst individuals, communities, organisations, businesses, and government bodies in Sub-Saharan Africa and beyond.
Learn more about Greenpop’s Educational Tours & Camps below.
Who are we? What are we offering?
Greenpop was founded in 2010 and has since planted over 200,000 trees and inspired over 180,000 active citizens across South Africa, Zambia, Malawi, and Tanzania.
What is Positive Environmentalism?
Why use Greenpop?
Greenpop has worked with local and international education partners for the last 10 years in delivering experiential learning with impact.
We do this by:
- Delivering tailormade programs to align with the age and required outcomes of our partners
- Creating experiences and curricula that draw on key themes
- Aligning our curriculum where possible with the UN SDGs and other local and global goals
- Our operations aim to ensure all elements of the camp and tours are run sustainably
- We focus on the positive, we avoid doom and gloom rhetoric. Our ethos is to inspire for impact rather than to focus on the negative. Getting active not anxious about the state of the planet is our mantra.
What will you get from working with Greenpop?
- Diverse skill set of experienced facilitators
- Tailor-made program, which can be independently or collaboratively curated
- Clear communication throughout the planning, implementation and decompression process
- Award-winning team of coordinators and programme developers
- Comprehensive health and safety, gender and diversity-trained staffing
- Hosted 30 restoration events for up to 1,000 people
- Facilitated outdoor learning experiences for over 450 groups from Livingstone to Langebaan with people of all ages, backgrounds, fitness levels and interests.
- Equipped to meet:
- President’s Award – Gold Level Residential Project
- IB – Creativity, activity, service (CAS) international program facilitation
We’d love to hear from you! For any questions or queries contact:
Experiences with purpose
Where we work
Platbos Forest (WC)
Uilenkraal Valley (WC)
Breede River (WC)
Nature’s Valley (WC)
Our education philosophy is geared toward place-based learning. Using experiential, community-based education focused on the environment and service learning. We endeavour to explore local landscapes, community and self to increase awareness.
Environmental Awareness Themes
Raising Awareness & Inspiring Action
Environmental Awareness Strategy
Reconnect With People and the Planet
We collaborate with passionate individuals and organizations to run contextually relevant environmental projects across Sub-Saharan Africa.
“I am filled with overwhelming gratitude for being able to be a part of this amazing experience as well as feeling so inspired in many little and large ways.”
– Robyn (youth)
“Greenpop was the most amazing, inspiring, and life-changing thing I’ve ever done. Since then I’ve been doing my best to be the best active citizen for the environment as I can be.”
– Charlotte (youth)
“Ever since my first Greenpop Camp my entire life and perspective on life has been changed for the better. I now see the world for all its beauty and magnificence.”
– Engrácia (youth)
“The facilitator support was phenomenal, emotionally,
physically and mentally.”
– ANON (teacher)
Resilience Building for Critical Engagement
Clients and partners in environmental
awareness, experiences and education:
Greenpop Foundation NPC is a registered non-profit organisation. Registration Number (NPO): 151-411 NPO.